Events CalendarSearch for Event by:Thursday Nov 10, 2016Categories: Festivals & Celebrations, Community, Holiday, Clubs/Organizations, NetworkingThursday Nov 17, 2016Categories: Community, Schools, Fayetteville Young Professionals, Leadership Fayetteville, Economic Development, Center of Emerging Business
The Impact of Supporting Local
By choosing to patronize locally owned establishments, you make a positive impact on our community in many ways. Here are just 5 of them:
- Environment - By buying things made closer to home, you’re cutting down on fossil fuel use, reducing your carbon impact and saving money.
- Local Economy - Local businesses buy more often from other local businesses, so the money you spend is retained in the community in a more concentrated fashion.
- Local Flavor - The experience at a local establishment is completely unique – providing the local flavor of the area
- Community Care - Local entrepreneurs are more connected to our community, because they live here, too. They are more likely than their non-local businesses to get involved in community efforts.
- Voicing Your Opinion - You are voting with your dollar to say, “Hey, I like this place and the neighborhood wouldn’t be the same without it.”