Disaster Recovery NominationsSeptember 01, 2017Disaster Recovery Coalition Seeks Nominations
For Hurricane Matthew Heroes
FAYETTEVILLE – The Cumberland Disaster Recovery Coalition is seeking nominations for community heroes to be honored at “The Heart of Matthew” luncheon from at Snyder Memorial Baptist Church, 701 Westmont Dr., Fayetteville. The deadline to receive nominations is .
The CDRC wishes to mark the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Matthew by identifying and honoring people who went above and beyond the call of duty to help others during the events before, during or after the storm. Help CDRC identify these heroes by submitting nominations. Individuals, groups, adults, children and even pets may be nominated. Creative nominations are appreciated. Hurricane Matthew struck Cumberland County Oct. 8, 2016, causing severe devastation from which many residents are still recovering.
The application is available on the CDRC website at http://cdrcnc.org/.
- Candidate must live, work or attend school in Cumberland County.
- Candidate must have performed an act of heroism, demonstrated extraordinary courage or performed an outstanding humanitarian deed during the timeframe from Oct. 8, 2016 to March 31, 2017.
- A team of people may be nominated together if the action was performed by the entire team and not just one member of the team.
- Explain why the individual (or team) is a hero by describing the act of heroism, courage or humanitarian deed.
- Describe the impact the act had on the community.
- Tell us why you believe the individual (or team) should receive the award.
Nominations must be received by to be considered for the Heart of Matthew event. Award decisions will be based upon information provided in your nomination form and will be reviewed by the Hero Selection Committee. Nominations should be specific and provide as many details as possible, including available media coverage.
Completed forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to CDRC, P.O. Box 87902, Fayetteville, NC 28304.
Direct questions to Bill Heustess at email@example.com or call 910-491-3694.
The CDRC is a long-term disaster recovery group of nonprofits, faith-based and charitable organizations working together to meet the unmet needs of Cumberland County residents affected by state and federally-declared disasters.