Customer Service: 7 days a week 323-0701
The Fayetteville Observer
Fayetteville Publishing Company is a regional multimedia news source based in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
In addition to an award-winning daily paper, Fayetteville Publishing Company oversees one of the area's busiest news Websites, fayobserver.com, several weekly publications and Target Printing and Distribution, a thriving commercial printing operation.
The Fayetteville Observer has been locally owned by the same family for more than 80 years and is the oldest continuously-published newspaper in North Carolina.
The company was founded in 1816 as the Carolina Observer, becoming the Fayetteville Observer in 1883. Originally an afternoon paper, it began publishing a morning paper, The Fayetteville Times, in 1973. The two papers merged as a single morning paper, The Fayetteville Observer-Times, in 1990. It dropped ''Times'' from its masthead in 1999.
Whom to Contact
- Michael AdamsExecutive Editor
- Andrew Barksdale
- Shanna CappsAdvertising Executive
- Janet CarterAccount Supervisor
- Scott EmbryDirector of Advertising
- Kim HastyCommunity News Editor
- Bill KirbyCommunity News Editor
- Carolyn McLaurinLocal Sales Manager
- Ms. Sharon MoyerMarketing & Event Manager
- Jim SillsRetail Display Manager
- Kirsten SpeerExecutive Assistant to the Publisher
- Tim WhiteEditorial Page Editor
Located on Whitfield Street between Southern Avenue and Robeson Street.