The member serving in this role will be part of the AmeriCorps team that will give the necessary boost to significantly increase the number of families our affiliate is able to serve through our rehab and new construction projects, with a focus on disaster relief. The member will work Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm (with a lunch break), with flexibility for special events. Volunteers are given a monthly living allowance of $1,373 and an education award, which can be used toward student loans or future education.
Call 910-483-0952 for more information about this awesome program. Come be a part of FAHFH, Building Houses, Building Hope! To view more information and apply to this position, please visit https://recruitamc.workable.com/jobs/1032112.
Responsibilities of the position
- Move each of your 30-40 clients closer to moving into their rehabilitated homes.
- Interview prospective clients and work with them to complete an application for assistance.
- Present prospective client cases to Executive Director and/or Community Engagement Manager for acceptance into Fayetteville Habitat for Humanity programs.
- Assist clients in completing applications to utilize available funding programs earmarked for the recovery needs of disaster-impacted individuals in the local community and assist the client in navigating these programs throughout the rebuilding process.
- Research and refer clients who are in need of housing, food, or other needs to appropriate services.
- Act as a reliable point of contact for the client throughout the rebuilding process; ensuring the client understands where they are located in the program pipeline at all times.
- Track client progress and report weekly to Community Engagement Manager on progress.
- Input client data and upload documents into client database (SalesForce); update case notes daily.
- Expedite client’s path to completion of construction in any way possible, often through creative means.
- Advocate for the client both to outside organizations and internally within Fayetteville Habitat for Humanity.
- AmeriCorps monthly living allowance of $1,373 (paid over the full 10 months of full-time service)
- Segal Education Award of $5,920 (upon successful completion of service) - lifetime maximum of 2
- Affordable Care Act compliant health care plan (Habitat pays the monthly premiums)
- Student Loan Forbearance (if eligible)
- Child Care Benefits (if eligible)